Exciting opportunities at FM Approvals
29 May 2018
FM Approvals offers worldwide certification and testing services of industrial and commercial loss prevention products. FM Approvals is the arm of the business that strives to reduce property loss for our clients by expanding the availability of FM Approved products locally available, serviced and accepted by local jurisdictions, and offering clients choices in the these products.
In addition, FM Approvals aims to influence product testing standards in Europe, enhance relationships with certification organisations, and offer technical support to local FM Global Operations.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a certification manager position within FM Approvals. This position will be based from the FM Approvals’ Dublin office. As certification manager for FM Approvals Europe Ltd., a new notified body being established in Ireland, your main responsibility will be the daily management and support of the FM Approvals certification activities. In addition to this, key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Maintaining the technical and professional integrity of the certification process;
- Working closely with the rest of FM Approvals to ensure awareness and understanding of regulatory issues that could impact the products which FM Approvals tests and certifies;
- Performing quality audits within Europe, as needed;
- Contributing to business development.
Knowledge and skills required by successful applicant
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in engineering, ideally in electrical engineering
- At least eight to 10 years’ working experience in product testing and certification or related field
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and presentations
- Strong project management skills
- Results driven, with the ability to develop and implement business plans
- Ability to work with customers (manufacturers of loss prevention products)
- Additional languages and experience as certification manager would be advantageous
Travel will be required with this role throughout Europe, and with occasional trips to the US, 30 per cent of the time. The successful applicant must live within a commutable distance of the Dublin office. Relocation possible.http://www.engineersjournal.ie/2018/05/29/exciting-opportunities-fm-approvals/http://www.engineersjournal.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/fm-approvals.pnghttp://www.engineersjournal.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/fm-approvals-300x300.pngSponsored