Call for engineers to have their say on how to improve Eurocodes
11 November 2016
The European technical committee dealing with Structural Eurocodes, CEN/TC 250 has launched phase 3 of the Systematic Review of the suite of Eurocodes. The purpose of the Systematic Review is to have the comments of practicing engineers to feed into the development of the 2nd generation of the Eurocodes.
The third phase includes the review of eight out of the 58 parts of the Eurocodes. The eight parts available for comment are listed below. This is an opportunity for the Irish engineering community to identify any modifications that are required to improve the suite of Eurocodes.
To comment, please follow the instructions below:
- Please select the Eurocode which you would like to comment on;
- The commenting template for that particular Eurocode will be downloaded when selected;
- Save the file – it is important that you do not change the file name;
- Open the file and enter the name of the person submitting the comments, company/association, date and e-mail in the spaces provided. The Eurocode number will already be entered;
- When completing the form please give specific comments and proposed changes. Save the file regularly so progress is not lost;
- After completing the template, please return by e-mail to email@example.com by 24 November 2016;
- When commenting on more than one part, multiple comment templates can be attached in the same e-mail.
Eurocodes included in systematic review – third phase
- S. EN 1993-1-10 Eurocode 3: Design of steel structures – Part 1-10: Material toughness and through-thickness properties
- S. EN 1993-1-11 Eurocode 3: Design of steel structures – Part 1-11: Design of structures with tension components
- I.S. EN 1993-1-4 Eurocode 3: Design of steel structures – Part 1-4: General rules – Supplementary rules for stainless steels
- I.S. EN 1993-1-9 Eurocode 3: Design of steel structures – Part 1-9: Fatigue
- S. EN 1993-2 Eurocode 3: Design of steel structures – Part 2: Steel Bridges
- S. EN 1998-2Eurocode 8: Design of structures for earthquake resistance – Part 2: Bridges
- S. EN 1998-4 Eurocode 8: Design of structures for earthquake resistance – Part 4: Silos, tanks and pipelines
- S. EN 1998-6 Eurocode 8: Design of structures for earthquake resistance – Part 6: Towers, masts and chimneys