Build your future with Cairn plc – learn more from Paul and Colm
14 October 2016
Cairn plc is the premier housebuilding company in Ireland, having delivered a successful IPO (initial public offering) on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015. The company is embarking upon a significant growth trajectory and is looking to expand its team by hiring Site Engineers for its new housing developments in the Greater Dublin area.
We asked a few of the Cairn Site Engineers what they thought of the company and their role.
Q: Paul, what do you enjoy about working at Cairn?
A: I enjoy the opportunity to be part of a team of people who are committed to the highest standards of construction and about producing the best possible product to the customer–that is always my primary focus as a member of the Cairn Team. Also, Cairn is a plc. This offers me secure employment, and with a large portfolio of future sites to develop. It gives me the opportunity over the next few years to progress with my career.
Q: Colm, what do you enjoy working about at Cairn?
A: The main thing I enjoy about Cairn is the professionalism they bring to their sites. Every subcontractor is managed to achieve the highest quality workmanship and there is no substitution for this. There is a great atmosphere on site as everyone from Cairn senior management to the subcontractors are all treated equally.
I knew from the day of my interview about the principles that Cairn wanted to achieve on site in regard to building quality homes and this impressed me massively. The whole Cairn team are very approachable and experienced to lend a hand in any areas which may require assistance.
Q. Thanks Paul and Colm for sharing this with us. I imagine that your roles are quite challenging. Paul, can you share with us what some of these challenges are?
A: The most challenging thing about my role is the necessity to be open to change as circumstances require. It is often necessary to change focus many times even on a daily basis. It is also important to be aware of changing standards and certification procedures which are constantly being updated.
Q. Thanks Paul. Colm, do you share these same challenges, or are they different for you?
A: There are many day-to-day challenges on site to ensure a fluid and quality workspace exists. As an engineer on site, ensuring up to date drawings and design co-ordination is very important. This ensures that from our design team to the contractors completing the work on the ground, no details are missed across any trades. It is very rewarding to see the finished product on site, considering the obstacles that may have been in your way during its construction.
Thanks Paul and Colm for sharing your insights.
Vacancies for Site Engineers
Join the Cairn Team! Cairn plc has a unique opportunity for high-calibre Site Engineers to assist in the provision of civil engineering services under the direction of the project manager. This role will involve working directly with the site team and subcontractors to ensure that our housing developments are built as agreed, to the highest quality standards, within budget, and on time.
The key responsibilities for a Site Engineer at Cairn plc are:
- Monitor and evaluate quality control for sub-contractor‘s work;
- Co-ordinating site drawings;
- Setting out for:
- Subcontractors i.e. giving the gridlines/levels to groundwork or RC frame;
- Foundations, floor slabs, blocklaying, services and civil works;
- House plots on housing projects and issuing the surveys to solicitors;
- Supervision and monitoring of ground works and civil engineering contractors;
- Supervision and monitoring of concrete frame contractors.
- RC frame experience desirable with residential and/or contracting background;
- Develop strong relationships with sub-contractors to deliver the desired outputs—on time and on budget, with high attention to quality and detail;
- Maintain site records and quality assurance documentation.
The successful candidates will have:
- Minimum of five years’ work experience with a Level 8 Engineering qualification;
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets;
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate;
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team;
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative;
- To be able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time;
- To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks;
- Have good spoken and written communication skills.
Join our growing team and build your future with Cairn plc. Email your CV to email@example.com.
To learn more about Cairn plc, and the exciting housing developments that we are building, go to www.cairnhomes.com.http://www.engineersjournal.ie/2016/10/14/build-your-future-with-cairn-homes-site-engineer-vacancies/http://www.engineersjournal.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/PF1-1024x789.jpghttp://www.engineersjournal.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/PF1-300x300.jpgSponsoredconstruction,contractors,jobs