Innovative App technology for service engineers
12 July 2016
In the highly competitive service management industry, more and more service providers are turning to App technology to efficiently manage their field service engineers and technicians.
Companies using outdated Excel spreadsheets and whiteboards to schedule and dispatch jobs to engineers and to manage key service functions – such as quoting, dispatching, scheduling, job management, contract management and invoicing – are at a significant disadvantage in terms of improved productivity and could save literally thousands of euro per annum using the benefits of App technology – specifically real-time data transfer from the field back to the office.
The award winning ez Field Service Software by ez Management Ltd is a complete field service management software solution designed to work in conjunction with their native iPhone job-management App. It is used by a wide variety of field engineers to manage the administration side of their business far more effectively. The App and software is ideal for any company with engineers who install, service and repair products or equipment.
Amongst the many customers who already use the ez Service App include intruder alarm, CCTV, fire and security companies, electricians, refrigeration, heating and ventilation installation, plumbing, property management and construction.
The ez Field Service Software and the ez Service App seamlessly connect the office and the field in real time. It is an inclusive mobile field service management software suite, which schedules and dispatches work directly to the field engineers or technicians.
Out in the field, they receive push notification for all jobs. The ez Service App provides them with customer service history including details on customer premise equipment and checklists can be provided to manage, document and record equipment or asset service calls. Field workers can also set up new jobs for themselves or even other engineers to maximise revenue.
Back in the office, the administrator can view the GPS location of all field staff, see what jobs they are attending and get information back from them all in real time. In addition at the back end, the administration staff can manage recurrent contracts, send quotes, invoice, manage field worker time sheets, instantly analyse any job to see profit margins and adjust invoicing accordingly if required. ez Field Service software also integrates with inventory, billing accounting and other back-office systems.
The two major benefits that mark the ez Field Service from the competitions are:
- Comprehensive field contracts management: this is essential for most service based companies – other software systems simply do not provide enough detail to be effective manage multiple contracts and configurate customer detail in a form that clients require. The ez Field Service system is designed to import multiple location specific asset contracts to be used on the software system and the App so that it appears seamless for both the office administrators and the field engineers;
- Electronic checklists and documentation with electronic signatures: this substantially reduces the overhead and administration costs associated with paper-based field services management and data entry and it also provides an e-audit trail for full regulatory compliance. With electronic documentation – the ‘paperless office’ is now possible for busy field service workers.
All of this means no more hassling busy field workers; no more lost paperwork from your field workers; no more poorly completed documentation; no more trying to read illegible handwriting.
Using iPhones or iPads, this technology allows the office and field worker to collaborate and share real-time job information, avoiding double entry and costly errors. For business owners this means a huge reduction in time consuming administration and an increase in profitability, free time and delighted customers.
Key technical product features
The ez Service App (used by the field engineer/technician):
- View scheduled jobs for the crew/engineer with details: engineers have their jobs queued daily on the ez Service App, no need to visit the office to get job details anymore;
- Complete job progress dockets and reports in real time: no more lost paper work;
- Instantly view call service history and parts used on the job: no need to call the office as all the information is available;
- View customer addresses with GPS satnav directions: the App will calculate the time it takes to get the job from exiting position;
- Captures images and customer signatures: improves customer service and get information back to office in real time;
- Find customer sites instantly: 24/7 information available especially for out-of-hours and night-time work;
- Receive new job alerts and set up new jobs: manage jobs for faster more efficient turnaround;
- Logs time and material for each job: helps office manage time sheets for payroll and assist inventory management;
- Works online or offline: the ez Service App automatically syncs back to the office when WIFI or mobile networks connected.
Technical features of the ez Management Field Service software: (used at the backend/office administration):
- Cost effective customer management (CRM): view customer details, including adding multiple contact details and site locations to one client, add documents, and capture phone calls and more;
- Schedules and dispatches jobs to engineers/installers: organise engineers’ jobs on a calendar with all specific details required. When a job is dispatched, know instantly that the engineer has acknowledged and accepted the job;
- Quote bill/invoice jobs instantly: improve cash flow management;
- Shows profit margins per job: ensure all jobs are making the appropriate profit margins;
- View timesheets for each engineer/installer: more accurate payroll management;
- Track each engineer/installer job status and location instantly: have greater visibility of field staff at any time. Track travel time and start and finish times;
- ez Accounts Package or integrate with Sage or other accounting software (sold separately): companies spend a lot of time, and money, keeping the accounting system up to date. The ez Management software system seamlessly integrates with a number of accounting software applications syncing information between both systems.
If you require further information or would like a 30 minute, no-obligation remote demonstration, please call ez Management on 071 9856215 or contact www.ezmanagement.net.http://www.engineersjournal.ie/2016/07/12/innovative-app-technology-service-engineers/http://www.engineersjournal.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Ad-1.jpghttp://www.engineersjournal.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Ad-1-300x300.jpgSponsoredapp,software,technology