Trainee scheme offers technical experience to young engineers
19 November 2013
IAESTE Ireland is a co-operating member of IAESTE International (the International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience), which is present in 85 countries worldwide. It aims to provide students/recent graduates of higher education with paid technical experience relevant to their studies in the areas of engineering, science, architecture and technology; to offer employers well-qualified and motivated trainees; and to give trainees a cultural enrichment of their experience in their host communities.
Ireland has been a member of the IAESTE network since 1962. The Irish division is managed by the national agency Léargas, in partnership with the Department of Education & Skills. In 2013, Ireland exchanged traineeships with over 16 countries including China, Croatia, Austria, Denmark, Germany.
If you are a student, you will be supported with practical arrangements i.e. work permits, visas and accommodation. The IAESTE programme will also allow you to:
- Obtain paid (to cover cost of living and accommodation) practical experience in your field and make professional contacts;
- Obtain up-to-date technical knowledge and improve your language, social and communication skills; and
- Enjoy living and working in another country and participate in organised leisure time activities and excursions.
If you are an employer, IASTE screens and interviews students/recent graduates of engineering, science and technology from other countries for placements within your company. You will:
- Receive highly motivated, handpicked and resourceful trainees;
- Develop contacts with young professionals from other countries – present and future business partners;
- Offer overseas students/recent graduates with short or long term projects; and
- Give a student from your own country the chance to go abroad in return for the job you offer.
More information on the programme is available on the Léargas website or contact Ann Boyle, National Secretary, IAESTE Ireland at (01) 887 1223 with any queries.http://www.engineersjournal.ie/2013/11/19/trainee-scheme-offer-technical-experience-to-young-engineers/http://www.engineersjournal.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Untitled.pnghttp://www.engineersjournal.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Untitled-300x300.pngNewseducation,Ireland