WWT Water Ireland Conference & Exhibition taking place next month
24 February 2017
The sixth annual WWT Water Ireland Conference & Exhibition will take place on 28 March 2017 at the Pillo Hotel, Ashbourne, Co Meath. This is the only annual event uniquely aimed at the whole of Ireland’s water sector.
The Irish water industry is at a crossroads as it re-evaluates the best way to move forward with a sustainable funding model that delivers the necessary infrastructure investment, innovation and customer service needed for a thriving sector.
More than 150 stakeholders including Irish Water, environmental and economic regulators, NGOs, contractors, solution providers and consumer bodies will address the most pressing challenges affecting the long-term delivery of water services in Ireland at this key event.
Expert speakers at the conference
Expert speakers include:
- Maria Graham, assistant secretary for water and planning, Department of Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government;
- Sheenagh Rooney, director of water, Commission for Energy Regulation;
- Ian Talbot, chief executive, Chambers Ireland;
- Brian Sheehan, head of asset delivery, Irish Water;
- Dr Tom Collins, chair, Public Water Forum;
- Paddy Brow, Living with Water programme manager, Department for Infrastructure (Northern Ireland);
- Noel Byrne, manager, waste water enforcement team, Environmental Protection Agency;
- Donal O’Connor, asset strategy & sustainability contractor, major projects, Ervia.
The theme for 2017 is ‘Delivering a Sustainable Water Industry’ and the CPD-certified programme features panel discussions, expert presentations, leading case studies and interactive sessions addressing crucial topics, including:
- Creating a sustainable model for the provision of water services in Ireland;
- The role of infrastructure investment in meeting the evolving needs of citizens and businesses;
- Challenges facing the delivery of the intensive construction programme required by Irish Water;
- The Environmental Protection Agency’s priorities for the wastewater industry;
- The scale of the challenge in delivering catchment-based integrated solutions within Ireland;
- River Basin Management Planning and flood resilience in Ireland.
Who should attend?
Water Ireland brings together the key stakeholders involved in or affected by Ireland’s water sector, including: policymakers; advisors; engineering managers; heads of water supplies, services and planning; infrastructure managers; project directors and managers; large water users; technical and environmental managers; and heads of strategic planning, asset management, sustainability, Water Framework Directive, innovation, leakage and wastewater.
To view the full conference programme and book your place, visit: http://events.wwtonline.co.uk/ireland/
If you have any queries, please contact: Rachael Cannon on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44(0)1342 332041 for more information.