Potential supply chain opportunities at Irish Water event
07 October 2019
Irish Water is inviting SMEs to a ‘Meet the Buyer’ event for Arklow wastewater treatment plant.
This free event will provide an opportunity for SMEs and microbusinesses to find out more about potential supply chain opportunities with our shortlisted tenderers as they advance in their bid for this project. The shortlisted tenderers will be in attendance.
As part of the event, there will be short face to face meetings with each of the shortlisted tenderers on a first come first served basis.
The event is free and parking is available at the Arklow Bay Hotel. To find out more about the project please click here.
The project will provide wastewater treatment through the development of a new wastewater treatment plant (WwTP) at the Old Wallboard Factory, North Quay, Ferrybank, Arklow, Co Wicklow.
The project includes:
1.) A new Wastewater Treatment Plant (WwTP) of 36,000 population equivalent that will best meet the current needs of Arklow, and allow for future expansion of the town. The preferred site is the Old Wallboard Factory, North Quay, Ferrybank.
2.) Sewer pipelines (along the North and South Quays) to bring the untreated wastewater to the WwTP.
3.) A marine outfall pipe to safely discharge the treated wastewater to the Irish Sea.
If you are interested and working in the following areas listed below please register to meet the
teams to find out about the opportunities in your area:
- Builders Providers
- Civils/groundworks subcontractors
- Cladding Manufacturers/Suppliers
- Demolition Contractors
- Diving and Underwater Services
- Enclosure/Fencing Contractors
- Formwork/RC Subcontractors
- Local Plant Hire – excavators, dumpers, rollers, tractors
- Local trades – electrical, ground work, carpentry,
- M&E subcontractors
- Marine Engineering
- Marine services – Safety Boats, Tugs, Barges, Pontoons hire etc
- Mechanical & Electrical Suppliers and Specialists
- Micro‐tunnelling Specialists
- Outfall Contractors; Piling Contractors; Pipeline Specialists; Precast Contractor Manufacturer and Suppliers
- Revetment Specialist
- Structural Steel Manufacturers
- Surfacing/Blacktop contractors
- Temporary Works Design
- Traffic Management
- Trenchless Subcontractors
- Waste Disposal Contractors
Meet the Buyer: Arklow Wastewater Treatment Plant. Date: Tuesday, October 8, 2019. Time: 2pm–4pm. (Registration & Refreshments from 1.30pm). Venue: The Arklow Bay Hotel, Sea Road, Arklow, Co Wicklow, Y14 DX02.http://www.engineersjournal.ie/2019/10/07/potential-supply-chain-opportunities-at-irish-water-event/http://www.engineersjournal.ie/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/GettyImages-976576482-1024x683.jpghttp://www.engineersjournal.ie/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/GettyImages-976576482-300x300.jpgNewsIrish Water,wasterwater,water