WEW Engineers – experts in the water, energy, and wastewater industries
05 December 2017
WEW Ltd, Consultant Engineers is a Corporate Partner of Engineers Ireland and provides services in compliance with Engineers Ireland Code of Ethics. The WEW Consulting Engineering team consists of Chartered Professional Engineers, Field Assessors and Plant Design Specialists (PDS) using 3D CAD and BIM software. The in-house engineering specialities include integrated Chemistry, Process, Mechanical, Electrical/Instrumentation and Automation Engineering.
WEW Engineers have been applying global emerging technologies in the Water, Energy, and Wastewater industry – both Municipal and Industrial – for over 40 years and have completed up to 400 project briefs. These briefs have ranged from total projects (with PSDP) or part projects with defined specialist scope. The Company has now become a recognised international expert in the industry
WEW have the experience, skills and expertise to reach a fundamental understanding of the environmental issues facing our Clients and to work closely with them in developing sustainable cost-effective solutions in compliance with BAT. Information obtained from Clients may logically lead to further in-house characterisation, site audits and closer definition of the ultimate project objectives.
Typical services provided by WEW Engineering, all carried out to ISO 9001:2015 include:
- Load and characterisation of water, wastewater and solids prior to design of a warranted treatment process and plant.
- On-site process and plant surveys and audits of brownfield (existing) plants which use earlier technologies and detail – water, wastewater and bio-energy.
- Feasibility and pilot studies of unit operations already researched but not yet developed at field level in Ireland.
- Preliminary Design and Engineering Reports with Capex and Opex costings with technology comparison on a carbon footprint basis.
- Integrated detailed Design & Engineering, including process warranty (defined parameters)
- Preparation of Tender and Contract Documentation with tender reviews / RFI’s, relative assessment and attendance at meetings as Client’s expert advisor.
- Ongoing Clients’ Representative services as projects progress to completion.
- Process commissioning, operations advisor, testing, and certification of completed works or during later operation stages. This may include provision of courses in works operation.
- Strategic advisors at master planning, Regional planning and asset management stages for Industrial and Municipal Clients.
WEW Engineering have worked successfully with industry, local authorities and National Agencies both in Ireland and abroad. Projects have included relevant applications in many sectors of the Industrial, Municipal and Energy disciplines. The services scope has ranged from full projects or selected operations/equipments required to solve pertinent applications with professional warranty extended.
Typical recent projects involved large-scale application of:
- aerobic bio-treatment with biological nutrient removal (BNR);
- enhanced biological PO4 removal (EBPR);
- mainstream anaerobic digestion with co-product conversion to re-useable bio-energy;
- nutrient recovery to minimise carbon footprint;
- designated full-scale digestion of farm grass cum slurry to produce electrical energy and commercial heating;
- Energy conservation and modulation engineering to comply with new EU BAT regulations for the Chemical Sector; and
- Upgraded design to produce state-of-the-art water technology – industrial and industrial.
WEW’s dedicated principle to provide the best solutions at all times calls for continuing alliance with international R&D and the successful applications of same. This includes, among other things, solutions to growing water problems (pesticides, biocides, microplastics etc.), solids sustainability, green energy and BAT in the water and food industries.
To address most of the above challenges the concepts of mentoring via Engineers Ireland – CPD and other service divisions-, Enterprise Ireland, Irish Research Council, third level colleges and other international research bodies is upgrading the information database. WEW’s in-house training policy is showing major benefit and the combination of different in-house Divisional skills leads to a more informed integrated Engineering team. WEW have this and can pass the concepts on to any interested Client.
Visit WEW Engineers.
WEW’s range of specialist services is provided to Irish or global Clients who include Corporate end users (Municipal and Industrial), Consulting Engineers , Project Management groups and global development organisations.http://www.engineersjournal.ie/2017/12/05/wew-engineers-experts-water-energy-wastewater-industries/http://www.engineersjournal.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/wastewater-engineering.pnghttp://www.engineersjournal.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/wastewater-engineering-300x300.pngSponsoredwastewater