Compressed Air in Critical Applications
05 October 2017
Certain manufacturing processes require high quality compressed air, and in a lot of applications this means “Oil Free” air. But in today’s fast changing world the ability to respond to customer demands, increased order quantities, introducing a new product to market quickly to gain a competitive edge, can all take a toll on the existing facilities and whether they can cope.
Energy costs are a consideration in all capital purchases for production equipment, none more so than Compressed Air Systems. So whilst it is important to size systems at the start with some buffer for future demand, to oversize is wasteful and will definitely increase production costs unnecessarily.
A scenario where you need more high quality compressed could be for:
- A new batch process
- Increased seasonal demand
- Permanent requirement for increased Free Air Demand, but space in the existing plant room is at a premium
The answer is the KAESER CONTAIN-AIR solution.
CONTAIN-AIR is a “plug & play” solution and is beyond the obvious, station building.
CONTAIN-AIR is a containerised system designed and built to a an exacting standard to supply Oil Free Compressed Air with the following key advantages for the end user:
- Complete compressed air solution with filters, dryer, a smart air quality protector valve.
- Fully sound and climate isolated design, with full lighting
- Service friendly to ensure fast and efficient maintenance
- Optional heat recovery, the system can be equipped with heat recovery on water cooled systems that will heat hot water and save energy costs
- KAESER SAM 4.0 Controller can be fitted
- KAESER oil-free Compressor between 37 kW and 200 kW can be built
- It can fit to and scale up your current compressed air station and can be installed and operational in an agreed time with minimal installation work and costs.
- Flexibility: you have the choice depending on needs, a rental option or as a capital investment
- Finance: KAESER Finance can be offered on all Contain-Air systems, terms and conditions apply.
- Service is built into rental options and for permanent systems KAESER Air Service will protect your investment for many years and ensure trouble free operation and minimal downtime
Flexibility is a key advantage here.
If demand increases at some future date the Contain-Air can be increased with additional modules, with all necessary air treatment included, giving Compressed Air to Class Zero standards.
Not to mention the obvious, but if it is case where a compressed air station should be designed through the traditional route, then of course KAESER can provide to the end user full design capabilities from start to finish in a professional and clearly defined way.
These design capabilities utilise the following:
- Air Demand Analysis of existing demand if compressed air is already in use
- For green field applications advice and direction on requirements
- Full drawings and planning for the station including P&ID and Plant Room layout and pipe work
- Energy saving systems e.g. Heat Recovery
- Industry 4.0 ready Control Systems
- Building Management Integration of the station
- Validation and documentation
Last but certainly not least KAESER Air Service maintenance agreements for all equipment are tailored to the user requirements.
So if you require an Oil Free Compressed Air Solution, we at KAESER have the expertise in design and execution of the project that will give the highest quality Compressed Air for your production process.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Or phone +353 1 4565433http://www.engineersjournal.ie/2017/10/05/compressed-air-critical-applications/http://www.engineersjournal.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/kaeser-1.pnghttp://www.engineersjournal.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/kaeser-1-300x300.pngSponsored