Galvanising Industry Open Day – book your place for 12 September
29 August 2017
You are invited to join Galco to celebrate the Galvanizing Industry’s first Open Day on September 12. It is a perfect opportunity for you to see how the domestic galvanizing industry contributes to building Ireland. This will also mark the opening of their new galvanizing plant in Dublin which will add 40% extra capacity.
Hot dip galvanizing is a highly controlled factory led process, and anything from small components up to large structural sections can be galvanized.
Whether it be for agriculture, street furniture, transport, utilities, construction, or the energy sectors – these are products for all spheres of life, even your garden gate.
During the plant tours, we will be hosting free RIAI and Engineers Ireland approved CPD presentations tailored to engineers and architects. All attendees will receive their certificates. During the event, we will provide tours of our facilities and you will be able to:
- See the galvanizing baths and watch how the steel is dipped into zinc in order to protect it from the elements to prolong its life
- See our in-house paint facility at our Dublin plant, where we apply Galvacoat paint directly to freshly galvanized steel.
- Meet our team members and ask any questions you have about galvanizing
- Our technical teams will also be on hand to offer advice about designing steel for galvanizing
- Tea, Coffee and snacks will available throughout the day
- Limited parking on site may be available
- Personal protective equipment will be provided on the day