The Sunday Business Post National Infrastructure Summit set for March 3
09 February 2016
The Sunday Business Post National Infrastructure Summit is set to be held in the Citywest hotel, Dublin, on March 3.
The government’s capital spending plan ‘Building for Recovery 2016 – 2021′ is worth an estimated €27 billion in direct investment by the exchequer over the next six years and is expected to create in the region of 45,000 jobs during the construction phase.
As well as direct investment, the plan includes a third phase of PPP investments of more than €1.4 billion. But, now that the parameters have been set, the government’s real challenge is to invest these monies wisely to fill infrastructure gaps and maintain or modernise nationally critical infrastructure.
Interest in Ireland is also growing from international investors. Once put off by the collapse of projects such as the Dublin Metro, these investors are once more looking at Ireland as an attractive option.
It is against this background of investment and optimism, The Sunday Business Post’s National Infrastructure Summit will bring together policy, investment and infrastructure professionals to discuss and debate our infrastructure future, the strategies to implement, the projects to advance and the road best travelled.
National and international speakers will deliver thought provoking presentations on:
- Infrastructure finance;
- Public private partnerships;
- Government policy;
- Expansion plans and project updates;
- International case studies and best practice;
- Sustainability and innovation;
- Legal concerns and obligations.
- Seamus Lynch, managing director Ireland & Spain, CRH
- Johnathon Taylor,vice-president, European Investment Bank
- Gunnar Soderholm, director of environment, City of Stockholm
- Caroline Spillane, director general, Engineers Ireland
- Cormac Rabitt, managing director, Metro Dublin
- Michael Nolan, CEO, Transport Infrastructure Ireland
- Witold Willak, head of major projects, EU Commission
Engineers Ireland offer
The organisers have kindly extended a €50 discount offer to members of Engineers Ireland. All you have to do to avail of this offer is enter the promocode ‘engineers’ when prompted to do so when making your booking. For further information please visit the website at www.infrastructuresummit.iehttp://www.engineersjournal.ie/2016/02/09/the-sunday-business-post-national-infrastructure-summit-set-for-march-3/http://www.engineersjournal.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/aarosie.jpghttp://www.engineersjournal.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/aarosie-300x300.jpgSponsoredconference,Engineers Ireland