Half-day technical seminar for all who specify concrete to I.S. EN 206 and S100 specification
08 November 2015
The Irish Concrete Society has organised a half-day technical seminar on specifying concrete, which will be held in Dublin on November 24 and Cork on December 1.
A half-day technical seminar for all who specify concrete to I.S. EN 206 and the Department of Agriculture S100 specification will be held in Dublin on November 24, 2015, at 1.30pm in the Radisson Blu St Helen’s Hotel, Stillorgan Road, Blackrock, Co Dublin. It will also be held in Cork on December 1 at 8.30am at the Cork Institute of Technology, Rossa Avenue, Co Cork.
This half-day technical seminar is designed for those who are specifying concrete for use in construction in Ireland. This seminar will help you navigate through I.S. EN 206, improve your understanding of exposure classes and how to specify for them correctly, help you choose appropriate cover and improve the overall efficiency of the specification process.
Who should attend
All those who are involved in the specification of concrete. From graduate to senior engineer level in consulting engineering firms and contractors, pre-cast concrete designer engineers, ready-mixed concrete quality control personnel and site engineers.
Seminar content and speakers
- Dublin session chair: Hugh Gray, associate director, ARUP;
- Cork Session chair: Brian O’Rourke, lecturer, Cork IT;
- Interaction between EN 206/EN 13670/EN 1992: Jim Mansfield, managing director, Kavanagh Mansfield and Partners;
- Durability mechanisms and exposure classes: associate professor Roger West, Trinity College Dublin;
- Designers requirements: cover, trade off tables, special design requirements: Jim Mansfield, MD, Kavanagh Mansfield and Partners;
- Producers requirements: constituents, slump, strength, Department of Agriculture specification S100: Thomas Holden, technical manager, Roadstone Ltd;
- Concrete specification workshop.
Booking rate: Irish Concrete Society member €125, non-member €175
Rate includes tea/coffee breaks (sandwiches in Dublin, scones in Cork)
Cancellations: No refund for cancellations – delegate replacement allowed.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone (041) 9876466 or visit www.concrete.ie for more information.http://www.engineersjournal.ie/2015/11/08/half-day-technical-seminar-for-all-who-specify-concrete-to-i-s-en-206-and-s100-specification/http://www.engineersjournal.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/aaaconcrete.jpghttp://www.engineersjournal.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/aaaconcrete-300x292.jpgSponsoredconcrete